Today I have been so good at procrastinating. If you knew how good, you would be proud. Or disgusted.
I am putting off something big. I will tell you about it if I ever get it done. I am also putting off all sorts of little things, as usual.
Things I have done to procrastinate today include:
- Sorted out all my paperwork and filing for the past three months.
- Made not-very-good chocolate chip cookies (butter too cold, mixture over-beaten).
- Started an argument with E.
- Painted a picture frame.
- Hung a picture above our bed.
- Taken delivery of a new chair for our bedroom (guess where I am sitting).
- Finished an argument with E and apologised.
- Watched an episode of ER.
- Folded all my clean clothes.
- Sorted out my bedside cabinet and thrown away hoarded tickets/yarn labels/receipts.
- Cast-on a baby blanket for a friend who has her own W.I.P.
- Sang songs with the word Texas in the title.
I procrastinated so well that I buggered up my evening. C was supposed to be coming for dinner but when she heard that food was forthcoming but that post dinner chat and giggles would be time-limited she politely (sensibly) declined. Rain check – Thursday?
Anyway. I am in the knitting chair (E says it is a reading chair, but he doesn’t really know how much I am going to be sitting in it) and feeling a lot less perturbed by all the things there are to do than I should be. I think that means it is a good chair.
- Written a blog post about procrastinating.
Here’s to a weekend frittered away. Lovely.